Monday, January 23, 2012

The Year of the Dragon


     Today marks the Chinese New Year, its the Year of the Dragon, and Dragons are my favorite fantasy animal. Well Hoop snakes are up there too.  But Dragons seem sad to me,,,they were the dinosaurs who ruled our world and were snuffed out in a cosmic instant, to be replaced by the rodents beneath their feet.  Now we are the dragons and one hopes we fair better than the dragons.

someecards.com - I wish there was a holiday for people who don't do shit all day


If God had intended us to follow recipes, He wouldn't have given us grandmothers.
Linda Hedly


     I wasn't fortunate in having a grandmother to learn from, but I did have Ada McNeil.  And she taught me much about food and cooking and caring and about life.  I honor her spirit in this year of the Dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List