Friday, December 30, 2011

Stardust memories

Here are some memes I miss from my childhood that probably will startle some,  amuse others, but I'm sure will bring a smile to everyone.     One of the things I wanted to do as a kid was dance like Fred Astaire, here he's dancing with the only partner who could out dance him, Eleanor Powell.  I've always liked swing music and this segment of the musical "Hellzapoppin" will surely clear your mind as to why.  And here is a little teaser of Swing Nazi style. Swing Kids...  And no one does it better than the Andrews Sisters here singing  " Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B " from the 1941 movie "Buck Privates".  Benny Goodman and Gene Krupa, both virtuosos, doing "sing, sing, sing".    And lastly, maybe the best comedy skit ever..it never grows stale.?'s on 1st"

As 2011 draws to a close, I wish all my readers better things ahead in 2012...Oh and screw the Mayans,  party hardy Friday, December 21st. Have a hangover for next Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List