Thursday, March 13, 2014

Bread Recipe


With my crappy lungs, I'm just not able to knead bread dough for the 15 or so minutes needed to get the results I like, so I bought an Zojiroshii machine.   Kudos to the people who designed and manufactured it.  It makes a one pound loaf which is just right for me, living alone as I do.  This is the recipe I've used for years and it makes great bread.....crustly/fluffy and a snap to make.

10 oz.                 bread flour
 6  oz.                 water
 1  tsp.                active dry yeast
1/2 tsp                salt
1/2 tsp.               diastatic malt powder
1+1/2 TBSP       honey

Oven 375   for 35-40 minutes

Cool 30 minutes before slicing and enjoying.

I'm working on a new Massawomee sourdough starter culture so hopefully more to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List